1. Download and unpack Python sources PythonCE-2.5-20061219-source.zip from www.sourceforge.net
2. On www.sourceforge.net in Tracker>Patches section click on "PythonCE 2.5 for WM Smartphone" are information about the patch for WM5/WM6 OS version, which can be build with Vs2005
3. Download the patch file (Python-2.5-20071004-patch.zip) from link http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=104228&package_id=247631
4. Unpack the patch and
- copy "PC" folder to original Python sources
- use GNU patch utility (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm) to both .patch files
- patch -p1 << smartphone.patch
- patch -p1 << vs2005-compiler.patch
5. Go to directory ...\PCbuild\WinCE\ and start the build command "scons.bat"
6. For debug builds use "scons.bat debug-all"
1. Copy python25.dll to the mobile
2. Link against the python25.lib
or for debug
1. Copy python25_d.dll to the mobile
2. Link against the python25_d.lib
The only problem is the DLL size, which is over 2.5 megabytes, I have asked here what I can do with it: